Improve website site and boost your website is a 3 part mini-series that I am writing to try and assist various site owners in their quest to grow their visibility online.
It will contain information, tips and guides that, as a Professional Webmaster, I use on a daily basis to help my client websites outstrip their rivals online.
The series is broken up into bite-size chunks as set out below;
- Part 1. Why do I need to improve my website speed?
- Part 2. How do I improve my website speed? – Coming soon
- Part 3. Case study. A live example of a site from snail to cheetah – Coming soon
The content will be easy to follow. If you do get stuck or require assistance you can reach out to me and I will be happy to advise.
If you are a client of mine and would like to view your page-speed project in details, please submit a ticket. I will shoot the report over to you within 24 hours (or same day if before 2.00 pm).
Improve website speed. Part 1 – Why do it?
Having a company website is now a must for the vast majority of business owners both locally and worldwide.
For any website trading online, ranking well in search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo is a must.
If you rank well in the search engines, ideally above your competition, your current and future customers will find your products, services or articles easily.
In the cut-throat world of online competition for search engine prominence, there are many factors that can give your website the edge.
One vital, modern factor is speed. Page load speed to be exact.
Since it’s inception in 2010 when Google first urged webmasters to improve website speed, it is now one of the most important factors to in desktop browsers and has also become a key ranking signal for mobile browsers too.
The “Speed Update,” as we’re calling it, will only affect pages that deliver the slowest experience to users and will only affect a small percentage of queries. It applies the same standard to all pages, regardless of the technology used to build the page.
Google Development Team Source: Using page speed in mobile search ranking
What you can expect with an accelerated web page
The pace at which your pages local carry numerous advantages compared to a sluggish rival, for example;
- The improved velocity of your load times will give your website a timely boost in the search engine results
- When someone searches for something you offer, the higher you rank, the easier it is to be found
- When they visit, the urgency of your page loading will allow them to view your website without any issue or delays.
- Your visitor is much more likely to become a customer thanks to your website and it’s performance.
Improving website speed used to be a webmasters’ challenge. Two rivals trying to outdo each other.
Not anymore, it is a vital element in your website maintenance routine.
It will ensure that when Google visits your website, you rank well. It will also increase customer confidence in your company and the products and service you offer.
Key elements to bear in mind when looking to improve website speed are;
- Your page speed load time can help with your overall S.E.O. strategy
- With the increased pace of your website load time, you are best placed for a ranking boost
- Customers both new and old are more likely to engage with you due to no performance issues
Part 2 coming soon, will show you “How to improve website speed” with some actionable tips all backed up with an easy to follow guide.
Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you found this article useful, if you did, please feel free to share, link or contact me with your questions.